Tuesday 21 April 2009

Shopping with the stars (sort of)


So yesterday I went for a walk round London town in the sun. I was woken up by a text message from Stu stating the funniest thing he is likely to see all day was a midget on a bike, it woke me in a good mood as I was getting up anyways with the hustle and bustle of the busy Balham high road out side already waking me up as it got even more busy. I sent a response back and went for some breakfast.  Sugar puffs yum yum with all my movement above Roz’s room she came up stairs and had breakfast too before going for a run (crazy people the ausie’s) she had worked a double shift at her bar the day before and was going in again today until late, she looked like crap but she had just got up and it was probably me that woke her from the deep slumber I would of been in if I had done half as many hours she had over the last week or so.

After Roz had hit the hard paved streets of London with so many people walking down them she should just walk anyway I had a shower and walked down to the tube. I love the tube. For a city so big I’m sure the place would come to a stand still without it but when I say I love the tube I mean I love it for the one reason that it’s great to get anywhere you want and it’s cheap, well cheaper than Manchester Metro anyway. But its the warmth down there the dirty side of it I don’t like and the fact my ear phone are at home so I don’t have any music to listen to while I take the 20min journey to Oxford Circus. From there I find my Barings and try and find the Apple store I’ve been meaning to visit since I got my iPhone, you see I have had an iPhone for over a month now and every day I say “I must get my self some protection for it” a condom of sorts. Its touch screen and very shiny Gill Grissom from CSI would have a field day with the amounts of finger prints and untold grease from the swipes, pinches and pokes it get on a near 5 second usage it gets from me, and Laura trying to unlock it.

I found Apple after walking past it once all it had was a black flag out side the hundred odd year old building on Regent Street. Inside was like walking into E.T’s space craft all white and clean with screens all over the place with people tapping away making films or just checking there facebook, and near the tills was a hip high stand with all the ‘condoms’ for the iPhone each one was expensive and some was even branded by Paul Frank. It took some will power not to buy the Paul Frank skin but I walked out of there into the sun without a single item. I knew if I carried on walking down I’d hit Piccadilly Circus so I headed in that direction but got side tracked by a few shops and ended up in Soho. I love Soho all the colours and people its a very cool place I knew where I was when I found Carnaby Street and with my Motor head T-shirt I’d got from a store on Regents Street I headed back up to Piccadilly. I found a shop called Little London a rip off tourist store but I needed a fridge magnet of the London eye for Laura’s Nan and in the whole place there was one, one tiny magic eye magnet and it set me back £3. But now this was interesting I head towards Leister Square and ended walking down the red carpet for the Odeon, they were setting up for the premiere of the new Star Trek film and I was in the middle of it all. Just think a few hours later and Slyer from Heroes and Simon Pegg will be walking down the same penned off area I’m walking down now! On the sides of the railing there are people waiting already not one of them are Trekky’s and they are sat with picnics and drinks under the sun and waiting till night fall to see some Z list plebs walk down the red carpet and one or two big names from the movie.

The red carpet hadn’t been lay yet I’m sorry if I miss lead you there but still everything else was in place and film crews were setting up and it was all very exciting. Better than the crap street dancers that were there just 24 hours before clapping to a beat while one of them had a stroke in the middle of what looked like the biggest circle jerk ever. After the red carpet treatment I walked past a set of twins singing for money but all they had was a hifi and Now 65 and they just sang with the songs on the CD. All this was too much fun for me I got back on the tube and headed back to the flat. Getting back to Balham grabbing a subway for lunch was me for the day I wanted to write an episode of the sitcom I’m working on but I’ve just not had the willpower to do it and I’ve never wrote a play, story or script before I don’t know where to start or what episode I want to write so I’m going to head over to www.richardherring.com look at his scripts, how they are wrote how much detail I need and just somewhere to start. It might jolt something in my brain or it might just stump me but let this be said once we have this sitcom done and ready for the TV channels I’m sure it will get the green light and I’ll be all over a red carpet for real some time in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment